怎麼用商務英語交流

學識都 人氣:1.34W

1. add up to

怎麼用商務英語交流

合計達;總括起來意味着,商務英語交流中的幾種新鮮說法。此語本義指合計爲,在日常生活中多用喻義,即總括起來意味着。在使用中應注意與add up一詞的區別。add up本指把 … 加起來,其喻義爲言之有理,說得通,如:The facts just don't add up.(這些事情合計起來不對頭。

A: The cashier said he had locked the safe before he left. 出納說他走時把保險櫃鎖上了。

B: But how did the money disappear from it if it was locked? 如果鎖上了那錢怎麼沒的?

A: I just wonder... 我只是奇怪……

B: What do you think it all adds up to? 你想這一切意味着什麼?

A: It adds up to the fact that we have been cheated. 意味着我們被騙了。

2. agree to differ

求同存異。指的是各自保留不同意見(不再說服對方),意即求同存異。

A: What do you mean? 你是什麼意思?

B: Considering the major contracts they might give us, I overlooked the small loss. 考慮到他們可能與我們簽訂大宗合同,小小的損失我就忽略不計了。

A: So you agreed to differ? 所以你就求同存異?

B: That's right. 沒錯,

3. all told

合計;總之。此語原義爲總計,合計,引申爲總之。如:All told,it was a great credit to them.(總之,這給他們大大增了光。)

A: How many people attended today's meeting?有多少人蔘加了今天的.會議?

B: There were seventeen of us at the meeting, all told. 一共有十七個人。

A: Issue an announcement that if somebody doesn’t attend meeting next time, his or her bonus will be deducted. 發佈一則通知,就說如果有人下一次不參加會議,他或她的獎金全扣。

4. all wet

搞錯了。wet原義爲溼的,引申爲某人沒經驗。All wet多見於美國俚語,意爲大錯特錯。

A: I made a reservation two days ago. My name is David Johnson. 我前天在這兒預訂了房間,我叫戴維-約翰遜。

B: Reservation? What do you mean? 預訂?什麼意思?

A: I booked a single room here for tonight. 我訂了一間今晚的單人房。

B: Oh! You're all wet, actually. This is not a hotel. The hotel is the building across the road. 哦,你搞錯了。這不是旅館,旅館是路對過的那座樓。

TAGS:商務英語