實用商務英語口語:工作午餐時必備口語

學識都 人氣:7.63K

 初級表達方式:

實用商務英語口語:工作午餐時必備口語

1. I hate to make you work through your lunch break.

我不願意讓你在吃午飯的時候還工作。

2. What is your favorite fast food?

你最喜歡吃什麼樣的快餐?

3. I’ll cater to your taste.

我會滿足你的口味。

4. I’ll bring the food.

我去弄吃的。

5. We don’t have to reserve a table.

我們不需要預定位子。

6. That’ll be pretty heavy for a mid-day meal.

這樣的午餐會太膩了。

7. I hope nobody’s a vegetarian.

我希望大家都不是素食者。

8. You have a choice of prime rib or chicken.

你有上等的排骨或精選的雞肉可吃。

 中級表達方式:

1. Things are really busy for me today, the only time I can manage to squeeze out might be over lunch break.

今天我真是非常忙,我唯一能設法擠出來的時間可能是在午休時間。

2. I’ve already had several days in a row working through lunch.

我已經連續好幾天都是邊吃午飯邊工作了。

3. I really appreciate you taking the time to work me in over your lunch break.

你抽出午休時間給我,我真的很感激。

4. To be on the safe side, I’ll order a table for half-past twelve.

但是爲了保險起見,我去預定12點半的一桌。

5. Are you planning on treating the investors to a full-course meal?

你打算請投資方吃一頓豐盛的午餐嗎?

6. As long as we stay away from anything alcoholic, we should be okay.

只要我們不喝酒,應該沒有問題的。

7. We can make some special arrangements if we need to.

如果有必要我們可以個別再安排。

8. It’s the company who is footing the bill.

買單的是公司。

 高級表達方式:

1. We can make it a working lunch this afternoon, and I’ll order some Chinese food for delivery. It’ll be my treat.

我們今天下午安排一個工作餐,我去訂一些中餐外賣。我請客。

2. Let’s make it a date for Chop Suey and the Martin account at about 12:30.

那我們就定在12:30一邊吃炒雜碎,一邊討論馬丁的報告。

3. For our lunch meeting with the investors, do we have to make a reservation at the restaurant or do we just show up?

我們中午要和投資方見面,需要向飯店預訂位子嗎?還是直接過去?

4. I’ve arranged to meet them at the restaurant at twelve; can you make the reservation a little earlier?

我已經安排與他們12點在飯店見面,你能把預約時間再稍微提前一點兒嗎?

5. We’ll start with appetizers, follow with a soup and salad course, then main dishes of prime ribor cordon bleu chicken, and finish up with a delicious rich dessert of some sort.

我們先上些開胃食品,接着是湯和沙拉,然後主菜是上等的排骨或一流廚師燒的`雞,最後是各種美味的餐後甜點。

在上述的常用商務口語表達法中包含了預定餐廳、預約時間、會面安排、邀請赴宴等在商務午餐中經常會用到的一些實用表達方法,安格商務英語老師建議大家不妨自由組合形成新的對話多多練習,下次在邀請外籍同事共進午餐時就能自信地將這些表達脫口而出了!

最後附上一個安格英語老師給出的例子:

A:For our lunch meeting with the investors, do we have to make a reservation at the restaurant or do we just show up?

B:Usually for lunch, we don’t have to reserve a table, they should allow walk-ins.

A: I’ve arranged to meet them at the restaurant at twelve; can you make the reservation a little earlier? If we start earlier, it will give us more time for a longer lunch.

B: Are you planning on treating the investors to a full-course meal?

A: Yes, we’ll start with appetizers, follow with a soup and salad course, then main dishes of prime rib or cordon bleu chicken, and finish up with a delicious rich dessert of some sort.

B: That’ll be pretty heavy for a mid-day meal, don’t you think?

A: As long as we stay away from anything alcoholic, we should be okay.

B: With your prime rib and chicken choices, you’d better hope nobody’s a vegetarian.

A: We can make some special arrangements if we need to. After all, it’s the company who is footing the bill.