英語口語:美國人常說的地道口語

學識都 人氣:6.99K

聽到同事說了一件挺糟糕的事情,你會怎麼樣迴應呢?Oh, that’s too bad?這句話好像有點過時了哦。現在更地道的說法似乎是That sucks。今天我們就來說一些美國人常用的地道表達。
  1. XYZ 檢查你的拉鍊
  Hey, man. XYZ. 

英語口語:美國人常說的地道口語

老兄啊! 檢查一下你的拉鍊吧。
  "XYZ" 是 "Check your zipper" 的意思。美國人填表做選項的時候多用打"X"來表示。這個打”X“的動作就叫"Check",也就是XYZ 中的X。Y 代表Your,Z當然代表Zipper 了!
  2. kick ass 了不起
  A: Wow, you fixed my computer in less than 10 minutes. You’re good.
  哇! 你不到十分鐘就把我的計算機修好了! 你真棒!
  B: Yep. I just kick ass.
  是的! 我就是了不起!
  3. click (兩人)合得來
  I really like talking to her. I think we two really click.
  我很喜歡和她說話。我覺得我們兩個蠻合得來的。
  4. suck 差勁; 糟透了
  A: Guess what? We’ve just now missed the bus, and the next one won’t come for another 45 minutes.
  知道嗎? 我們剛好錯過公車了,而下一班車還要四十五分鐘纔會來。
  B: That sucks.
  太糟糕了!
  5. all set 一切準備妥當
  A. Is my car ready yet?

  我的車好了嗎?
  B: Yep! We just need to get this paper work done and you’ll be all set.
  是的! 我們只要把這份證明填好,一切就都準備妥當了!
  6. My hands are tied. 我無能爲力。
  A: Mr. Chapman, can I hand in my homework next time. I left it at home.
  先生,我能不能下次再交作業呢? 我把功課忘在家裏了。

B: All of the scores must be given to the office by Friday, so you must have your homework today. It is a school rule and there is nothing I can do. My hands are tied!.
  所有的.分數都必須在禮拜五前交到辦公室,所以你今天必須交作業。這是學校的規定,我無能爲力。
  "My hands are tied." 並不是真正的“手被綁起來”的意思,而是指“沒辦法”的意思。比如電話響了,你很忙不能接,也可以說"Can you get it? My hands are tied." (我很忙,你能接一下嗎?")