職場英語:交流反饋

學識都 人氣:2.65W

Zina: We’re going to blow WebTracker out of the water. Trust me.
  吉娜: 我們會讓“網路搜尋家”出局的。相信我。
  Mary: I believe you, Zina.
  瑪莉: 我相信你,吉娜。
  Zina: Mary, can I ask you something? What color are your post-it notes?
  吉娜: 瑪莉,我能問你個問題嗎?你的便利貼是什麼顏色?
  Mary: My post-it notes? Pink, I think. Why?
  瑪莉: 我的便利貼?我想是粉紅的吧,怎麼?
  Zina: Are you sure they aren’t green? It’s OK if they are. Just be 1) honest.
  吉娜: 你確定不是綠色?是也無妨。老實說就好。
  Mary: I’m pretty sure they’re pink. Did I do something wrong?
  瑪莉: 我很確定是粉紅色的。我做錯了什麼嗎?
  Zina: No. Pink is OK. Stick with pink.
  吉娜: 沒有。粉紅很好。不要換。
  
  語言詳解
  A: Why is he so upset?
  他怎麼那麼難過?
  B: I told him he’s getting fat. I was just being honest.
  我跟他說他變胖了。我只是說實話而已。
  【 of the water 擊潰……】
   of the water是指“把……打得落花流水”,意即讓對方潰不成軍:
  A: How was the basketball game last night?
  昨晚的'籃球賽如何?
  B: The Lakers blew the Pistons out of the water.
  湖人隊把活塞隊打得潰不成軍。
  【stick with... 堅持……】
  stick with something 是指“堅持(某事)”,也就是不輕言放棄,不輕易更換:
  A: What’s the best way to learn English?
  學英文最好的方法是什麼?
  B: Stick with the basics until you know them really well.
  堅守住基本原理,直到你瞭然於心。
  1) honest (a.) 誠實的
 

職場英語:交流反饋