走遍美國教學文本42:Playing Games ACT III

學識都 人氣:2.56W
走遍美國教學文本42:Playing Games ACT III

ACT III
  There’s a conversation we have to finish. 我們有一段話還沒有談完呢?
  What was it about? 剛纔談什麼?
  It was about caring. 談到關心。
  Oh? 噢?
  Yes, caring. 是的 ,關心。
  I said that it makes me feel good 我是說我感到很高興
  that you care about Michelle. 你能關心 Michelle。
  Well, I do care about Michelle. 是的,我真的關心 Michelle 。
  And it makes me feel good that you care about me. 而且你關心我也讓我感到很高興。
  You know I do. 你知道我是關心的'。
  You’re a ... wonderful friend. 你是個……極好的朋友。
  And it makes me feel good 這使我太高興了
  that you care about us. 你能關心我們大家。
  Well ... well, 哦……哦,
  I do, Harry. 我是關心,Harry。
  It’s only natural that if I care about Michelle 假如我關心Michelle
  and I care about you, 也關心你,
  then I care about us. 那麼我便關心我們大家。
  It’s OK, Susan. 太好了 ,Susan。
  We had this part of the conversation 我們正談到這兒
  before Michelle and her friends arrived. 在Michelle和她的朋友們到來之前。
  Now comes the good part. 現在最精彩的的部分來了。
  Like what? 什麼?
  Well, assume that if you care about Michelle 噢,假如你關心 Michelle
  and you care about me 和我
  and you care about us, 且關心我們大家,
  that we can talk about us. 我們就可以談談我們。
  I mean--you and me. 我的意思是說---你和我。
  Isn’t that right? 對不對?
  What are you trying to say, Harry? 你到底想說什麼,Harry ?
  What I’m trying to say ... 我想說……
  since this is so easy .... 既然那麼簡單……
  Here are ten letters that express my feelings for you. 這兒有十個字母可以表達我對你的感情。
  Don’t be silly, Harry. 別鬧了,Harry。
  You want a hint? 需要提示嗎?
  It’s two words. 兩個字。
  You’re making the game harder. 你使遊戲變難了。
  Can’t you figure it out? 你找不到答案?
  Seven letters ... two words ... 七個字母……兩個字……
  that express the feelings that I feel for you in my heart. 可以表達我內心對你的感情。
  Harry, I get it! Harry ,我想到了!
  Well? Does that mean you’ll marry me? 噢,你的意思是你答應嫁給我?
  Is that a proposal, or are we just playing a game? 這是求婚呢 ,還是僅僅在玩遊戲?
  Sit down, Susan. 坐下,Susan。
  There’s something I have to ask you. 我有一件事要問你。
  Susan, will you marry me? Susan 願意嫁給我嗎?
  It’s such an important decision. 這是一個如此重要的決定。
  There’s so many things to talk about. 有許多事情需要討論。
  There are three things that have to be done first, Harry. 首先我們必須做三件事 ,Harry。
  Three things? 三件事?
  First, we have to decide where to live. 首先 ,我們得決定住在哪兒?
  Well, that’s easy. 哦 ,那很簡單。
  We talked about that earlier. 我們先前談過這個問題。
  We’ll live in New York. 我們會住在 New York。
  All right. 好。
  Second, 第二個,
  we have to talk to Michelle together about being married. 我們必須一起跟 Michelle談談我們結婚的事。
  We’ll do that immediately. 我們可以立即跟她談。
  What’s the third thing? 第三件事情是什麼?
  You have to ask for my father’s permission. 你必須徵得我父親的同意。